Welcome!

Welcome to my genealogy blog where I am putting on pictures that I have acquired of my family. Along with any history that I find on them. If I have met that person and can remember something about them, then I will add that story too!
Some of our family names are: Utterback, McKenzie, Armstrong, Riggs, Ralston, Parker, Maupin, Dilbeck, Leister, Smith, Clough, Bowyer, McPherson, Andrews, Howard and Allen. I will only be putting on those last names up to my fourth generation, as you will see in the tabs. If I get too many last name of a different generation, I might need to put that on also. Example: Dilbecks.
I am glad ya'll came a visiting and hope to see ya back!
Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

El Centro 1937 First Grade Class of Miss Linere

This is a picture of my mother's first grade class. We never went to El Centro to visit family there. I don't know why, maybe my father thought it would be too hot in the summer time to go. The young boy OJ Stone and his family also moved up to East LA area around the same time as my mom's family did. In fact they went to high school together. Uncle Bob and OJ were friends for years. I have met OJ his wife, Marie and their daughter. The others names of children in the picture I haven't met. Maybe you know of someone from El Centro, California during this time period and could fill in the names of the other children.
 Here is another picture of mom and her friend, Beverly, 1939:
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment