Welcome!

Welcome to my genealogy blog where I am putting on pictures that I have acquired of my family. Along with any history that I find on them. If I have met that person and can remember something about them, then I will add that story too!
Some of our family names are: Utterback, McKenzie, Armstrong, Riggs, Ralston, Parker, Maupin, Dilbeck, Leister, Smith, Clough, Bowyer, McPherson, Andrews, Howard and Allen. I will only be putting on those last names up to my fourth generation, as you will see in the tabs. If I get too many last name of a different generation, I might need to put that on also. Example: Dilbecks.
I am glad ya'll came a visiting and hope to see ya back!
Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Forgotten Foto Friday #1

I have decided that I will try and put on a unknown picture(s) on Fridays. I have a lot of them, so who knows how many weeks it will take to get them all on. When someone lets me know the name of the person, I will share that will all of you.
My first picture is of a lovely lady. I would say this is a picture from the early 1930's, because of the hair style and the bow on the dress. It could be the late 20's, but because it has been colored in I am thinking the 30's. I took this picture and made a copy of it in black and white, just to see the difference. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks! Isn't it a beautiful picture?

On top of photograph it says: Eastman-Nitrate-Kodak 114. Pic #1
I am thinking that Eastman-Nitrate-Kodak 114, means the type of paper is it on. Just did a google search and found out the Glass Plate photographic Negatives  were done around 1929-1937 with the Kodak #114 on them. Interesting reading if you want to know about it.
Here is the picture in black and white and reversed:
Found another picture like this and it says this is Eunice 'Roberta' Stufflebean'!

No comments:

Post a Comment