Welcome!

Welcome to my genealogy blog where I am putting on pictures that I have acquired of my family. Along with any history that I find on them. If I have met that person and can remember something about them, then I will add that story too!
Some of our family names are: Utterback, McKenzie, Armstrong, Riggs, Ralston, Parker, Maupin, Dilbeck, Leister, Smith, Clough, Bowyer, McPherson, Andrews, Howard and Allen. I will only be putting on those last names up to my fourth generation, as you will see in the tabs. If I get too many last name of a different generation, I might need to put that on also. Example: Dilbecks.
I am glad ya'll came a visiting and hope to see ya back!
Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beatrice Rae Parker (McKenzie, Maxey)

Bea, Berta, Bertie is how I have seen her name in different papers.
She was born as Beatrice Rae Parker - 14 November 1880. Born in the city of Pomery, Washington, United States. Pomery is in the south-east part of the state of Washington. Interesting enough not too far from the cities, Clarkston and Lewiston.
Bea at the age of 16.

Bertie is my great-grandmother and was married to Fred McKenzie. He died when my grandmother, (Rodetta) was 14. Bertie remarried Fred's best friend, at his request before he died, to William Simpson Maxey.
Beatrice and Frederick McKenzie on their wedding day.
On January 31, 1900 Bertie and Fred were married, I think in Washington as I do not have a copy of their marriage certificate.
They had two children: Rodetta Freddie McKenzie born 19 Nov 1900 and William Winfield McKenzie born about 1905 in Perze, Idaho.
Bertie and Bill Maxey were happily married for over 30 years!

During her life time she has lived in Washington, Idaho, Canada and California.

She passed on 3 August 1949, in Martinez, California.
She died before I was born, so if you have a story you would like to share, please let me know and I can add it to this blog post.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment