Welcome!

Welcome to my genealogy blog where I am putting on pictures that I have acquired of my family. Along with any history that I find on them. If I have met that person and can remember something about them, then I will add that story too!
Some of our family names are: Utterback, McKenzie, Armstrong, Riggs, Ralston, Parker, Maupin, Dilbeck, Leister, Smith, Clough, Bowyer, McPherson, Andrews, Howard and Allen. I will only be putting on those last names up to my fourth generation, as you will see in the tabs. If I get too many last name of a different generation, I might need to put that on also. Example: Dilbecks.
I am glad ya'll came a visiting and hope to see ya back!
Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Father

I found some interesting papers on my dad and thought I would share them with my family here. I really don't know where to start, so I will start with this paper of his feeding schedule and formula. You can click on the picture to make it bigger.
I could not image making this and serving it to a baby. Poor tummy.
He was born in Spokane and moved with his family down to Fresno, CA,  and then to Baldwin Park, sometime before 1935, as the last two siblings were born in Los Angeles.
Here is report card from 2nd grade, at 7 years old.

Now I am only showing the inside of the card, so we (his children) can compare ourselves at this age.)









On the right is dad, and left is Uncle Bill. I would say they are now in Baldwin Park, CA. Ages about 10 and 8, here.
Dad told a story once of how he and Uncle Bill would take the shoe polish box and walk to downtown Los Angeles by following the rail tracks and polish mens shoes to earn money at this age. It was over 10 miles one way. I don't know how they did it, but the family needed help with the money they earned.

Dad about 15, Uncle Bill about 13.
  Eight grade graduation, June 12, 1941!
 Covina High School, 1941-1942
Dad, right in the middle.
He played football his freshman year!
Interesting that my dad has on a jersey with the number 65. My brother, Kent, his senior year also wore that number.
The last two pictures I found by my surprise on ancestry.com through their high school yearbook section. Needless to say what a joy it was, as we don't have that many pictures of my father when he was younger. At the age of 16, my grandmother gave permission for my father to enter the war and so he didn't  graduate high school but served his country. He did later attend college for many years to work on his work skills.
When I have enough information on his military time, I will add that down the road.
I wanted to end this with a picture from the Covina High School Yearbook, of a citrus orchard and Mt. Baldy 1942.
I think it is a beautiful picture, don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment