Welcome!

Welcome to my genealogy blog where I am putting on pictures that I have acquired of my family. Along with any history that I find on them. If I have met that person and can remember something about them, then I will add that story too!
Some of our family names are: Utterback, McKenzie, Armstrong, Riggs, Ralston, Parker, Maupin, Dilbeck, Leister, Smith, Clough, Bowyer, McPherson, Andrews, Howard and Allen. I will only be putting on those last names up to my fourth generation, as you will see in the tabs. If I get too many last name of a different generation, I might need to put that on also. Example: Dilbecks.
I am glad ya'll came a visiting and hope to see ya back!
Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 12, 2011

My Armstrong Family

It is hard to start writing when so many different thoughts come into your head and who do you start with.
I will put down the names first of some of the Armstrong family and then pictures.
My mother is an Armstrong, Emma June Armstrong, born in 1931, El Centro, California.
Her father: Harry Thomas Armstrong, born 1908, Commanche County, Texas, died in 1972 California.
His parents: Frances Marion Armstrong, born 1882, Commanche County, Texas, died 1946 in California.
Mattie Myrtle Maupin born 1884 in Missouri, died 1945 in California.
Frances Marion parents: Henry Thomas Armstrong born 1853, in Alabama, died 1924 in Gorman, Texas.
Sarah Jane McPherson born 1860 in Texas, died 1930 Eastland, Texas.
Henry's parents: James Barr Armstrong born 1816 in South Carolina, died 1883, Texas.
Elizabeth Jane Porter born 1821 in Tennessee, died 1878 in Texas.
James Barr's parents: William Armstrong born 1786 in South Carolina, died 1856 in Alabama.
Harriet Rachel Barr Robinson born 1785 in South Carolina, died 1854 Alabama.
William's parents: William Armstrong, Sr. born 1765 in Ireland, died 1834 in South Carolina.
Sarah Barr born around 1767, died 1785 in Virginia.
William Sr.'s parents: Samuel Armstrong born 1742 in Ireland, died 1809 in South Carolina.
Mary Ann Boyd born around 1744 in Ireland, died 1840 in South Carolina.
Samuel's parents: William Denus Armstrong born around 1704, in Scotland, died 1760 in Scotland.
Margaret Hamilton born around 1707 in Scotland, died (date unknown) in South Carolina.
I am going to stop here, as I have not research from William Armstrong, Jr. and back. I do not know if, William Sr and back are true and correct, as I have just found this information online. I have researched the census for William Jr and forward and find them to be correct, as far as the census records are.
I can for sure tell you the spellings as I do each child of Frances Marion (1882) and Mattie Armstrong, as I do have Mattie's Bible and she wrote her children's name and spelling of how she wanted their names spelled. I know that some of the children spell them different, but I will put on how Mattie did it, along with other spellings I have found.

This is where I would like to start. With 'Marion' and Mattie Armstrong. From what I have read and found, Frances Marion, was called Marion.



These two pictures, we are told from my mother, are pictures of their wedding day.
January 22, 1903, in Commanche County, Texas.






Marion and Mattie's children from 1913 in Oklahoma. Back row, left to right: Ross, Gracie, Harry (my grandfather). Front row, left to right: Frank and Vic. Marion and Mattie also have 3 more children not born at this time.


Marion and Mattie's final resting place is in El Centro, California. (Thanks L. Morasca for the picture.)
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment