Welcome!

Welcome to my genealogy blog where I am putting on pictures that I have acquired of my family. Along with any history that I find on them. If I have met that person and can remember something about them, then I will add that story too!
Some of our family names are: Utterback, McKenzie, Armstrong, Riggs, Ralston, Parker, Maupin, Dilbeck, Leister, Smith, Clough, Bowyer, McPherson, Andrews, Howard and Allen. I will only be putting on those last names up to my fourth generation, as you will see in the tabs. If I get too many last name of a different generation, I might need to put that on also. Example: Dilbecks.
I am glad ya'll came a visiting and hope to see ya back!
Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Make Sure You Have the Correct Sister! (Dilbeck)

Lela Marian Dilbeck Fritzlan and Charles Fritzlan

Leona Riggs Mahakian, Glenda Utterback, Lyda Lee Dilbeck Measures

As I have been looking at all the pictures my sister has sent, I try to add correct names and ask other relatives who they are. I call my sister for her opinions and we feel like 'picture detectives'! Looking at time periods and  at my ancestral charts we have done pretty good at finding out "Who is in that picture"! As I have been working on some of the pictures that have the date Jan 1957, I have noticed a couple of things. Most are from picnics and or of  family gatherings. Most are of the Riggs family. Well, I have looked at these two before and thought they were the same person, not really paying attention to how the names were spelled. It turns out that they are sisters about three years apart.
Lela stayed and lived in Oklahoma. Here she is visiting with her family members in California. Lydia moved to California and lived her life there. I have seen Lela's name spelled Leila. Lydia name is pronounced Lī da, according to my mother.
There are more pictures of the two of them and I will add them later and hoping to add some stories with them.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment